Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 7



Image: Inside M100 Bus door
Date: January 22, 2011
F 1.4
SS 40
FL 50
Shot with: Canon EOS Rebel XT DSLR



I started this project for two reasons, 1) to force myself to shoot more, even if it wasn't all that organized and 2) to write more, again, even if it wasn't all that organized. The project has proven a little harder then i had ever anticipated. I find myself shooting random objects just to get my shots in and i don't write much because i have a hard time correlating the topic to the picture... But i realized today that I have to have things in order. They also need to make logical sense. Art is often neither of those things, so why do i try and make them that way. With Blogging, i always, subconsciously, thought that i had to have something insightful to say if was going to make a post... but that's not true. I know MANY people who write about their day. Some people write devotionally, and some people write artistically. My goal is to do all of those things as i see fit and as the spirit moves. Like today, this blog is just as much for me as it would have even been for other people. Writing has always been a way for me to organize the swirling thoughts in my brain. I always wrote so that i could finally make sense of what was going on up there which is why it has always been hard to show people my writing. It meant showing them my thoughts. It meant, in a sense, exposing myself to people. That was the purpose of starting this project, to take steps to allowing other people to read what i write. If i want to pursue writing as an occupation, i need to start exposing that writing to the masses. If it means being raw then i need to do that. I need to learn to let go of my fears and take a step or two of faith.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. Does this mean that sometime soon I won't be the only person reading this awesome blog? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete