Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 3 - Community



Community has become everything to me over the last year. Its helped me open up. Its helped me dig a little deeper and its kept me from hiding from my pain and fear. I started attending a church almost 2 years ago, mostly as a retreat. Because so many of my friends attended there, i soon made the complete move. Our church has whats called Missional Communities which means we serve and live life together by our geographical location in the city. Some choose to serve by interest but most are geographically situated. I am lucky to have my best friend in my group as well as a couple i have served with for almost 5 years. Through this group i have met some of the most amazing people and couples i have ever met. They take community and serving seriously. Its not empty words. If you are in the hospital, they do your laundry. If your family is crazy, they carry the weight. If you have lost your job and am not sure what to do next, they encourage and lift you up both physically and in spiritually.

Community is such a key to spiritual growth. You can't do life alone and you especially can't do the faith walk alone. God intends us to live in community together. This is what the church was intended to be. Living life, carrying burdens, rejoicing together in triumphs. Modeling this idea of church is what the world is missing out on. Its redefining and revolutionary.

Picture: EJ, Farewell to Abby
F 2
Exp 1/60
FL 50
Jan 15, 2011

1 comment: