Tuesday, January 18, 2011

365 Days of Pictures



Picture: Lamp post outside of the NYC public Library
F 1.4
Exp. 1/180
FL 50
Shot with 50mm fixed lens

2010 was supposed to be the year of photography and writing for me. It was in many respects but 2011 is going to be the year that it means something. A friend of mine had decided to take a picture every day in 2011 and blog about it. I thought that was a perfect way of getting me to 1) take pictures 2) to write more. So in an effort to get my feet wet in both writing and photography, i am going to take and post 1 picture a day for the next 365 days.

I actually started taking pictures about 1 week ago, but have not posted them. So i am going to get a little caught up over the next few posts. Every day won't be a full post and every picture won't have a story behind it. It is truly an organic way of forcing me to shoot more and to see life, objects, writing and photography in a more critical manor and to get myself out there. Art is really personal to me, so this is a scary moment for me. My writing is even more so. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment