Saturday, February 19, 2011

Upside Down

You come at me upside down
We're twisted, angry, unrecognizable.
I try to shake free of this wicked world.
Desperate for hope, change
But you come at me upside down.

Weary from these dessert travels
40 days, 40 years, 40 lifetimes of wondering
North Star, any star, looking to set my pathways straight
Wondering what could i have been
Still you are upside down

Redemption seems foreign
A life left to roam
Mountains unable to climb
Afraid i'll never make it back home
i wonder just who is upside down

Peace, comfort, hope
No longer sure of what they mean
Looking at you
I guess life's not always what it seems
When will i not feel upside down

I've fought you for so long.
Trying now to make up for lost time.
But you say come as you are
I no longer have a desire to hide
So I come to you upside down





-----------
I know its not a picture, and its not how i normally write (in public) but i found myself being bound to a certain expectation i had made for myself and i don't want to stick with that expectation anymore. As stated in many earlier posts, i am truly afriad of baring myself through my writing, but i am starting to see that though the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i also need to trust in the voice i might have whether someone likes it or dislikes it.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Truly.

    These need to be shared! I am so thankful and proud that you are starting to do so.

    ReplyDelete